If you are buying promotional tote bags for your business you need to make certain that they are going to be effective. Below are a few tips which will help to ensure that you create the perfect bag.
The Logo on the Bag
Many companies like to have their logo displayed on the side of the bag. If you have an established logo this is the perfect place to use it. However if you do not have one you should get one before you order your totes.
A good logo has to meet all of the following requirements:
- Size – a logo has to look great regardless of the size. It has to look effective on a fifteen foot billboard and it needs to be perfect on something as small as a pencil.
- Unique – you have to make certain that your logo does not infringe upon any copy right laws. Additionally, you do want it to be similar to any other company’s logo. You do not want people mistaking your logo for somebody else’s.
- Longevity – You have to think long term. Avoid anything trendy
- Expansion – you have to make certain that your logo will be appropriate in the future. If your business expands, will the logo fit the new company, or will it be obsolete?
- Color - A logo has to look effective in both color and greyscale.
- Clear – companies often make the mistake of using a complicated image. The most memorable logos are frequently the simplest ones.
The Wording on the Bag
Companies which have a motto or a tagline, often like to have it displayed on the side of the bag. If your company does not have one, you should think about getting one. A tagline like a logo is all part of the branding process. A tagline like a logo has to be able to withstand the test of time. Furthermore it should infringe on any copyright laws.
There are hundreds of different fonts to choose from. Many companies actually use more than one font when they are designing a tote bag. They may use their company “font” for the name of the business and the tagline and then switch to a plain font for the contact information.
It is important that you tell potential customers how to find your business. You should also make certain that when you are putting the information on the bag you choose the method which suits your business the best. If you prefer that clients contact you by phone you should make certain that the telephone number is on the bag. However, if you want the person to contact you on your website then your web address must be displayed. If you do not have a preference you might want to include both on the tote.